Europe & Central Asia Program Intern
Crisis Group's Europe and Central Asia program is seeking an intern to volunteer for three months starting in September 2016. This volunteer internship would suit a candidate with a recent degree in journalism, political science, conflict studies or public administration with a focus on the Caucasus and/or Russia.
The volunteer intern will be based in Istanbul and work closely with the Project Director, Russia & North Caucasus.
- Research on core conflict issues in Russia/the North Caucasus;
- Review of Russia and North Caucasus press (in Russian language);
- Providing assistance in editing reports on conflict issues;
- Preparation of advocacy materials and attending meetings with the project staff.
- Degree in journalism, political science, conflict studies, public administration or similar;
- An excellent verbal and written command of English and a good knowledge of Russian;
- Knowledge of the region and conflict issues.
If you wish to apply please send your CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating “Europe and Central Asia Program Intern” in the subject line and the date you would be able to start. The closing date for applications is 15 August 2016.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual candidate; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that our internships are unpaid.