Communications Intern, Brussels
The International Crisis Group is currently seeking a Communications Intern in our Brussels HQ. The internship is designed for 6 months, full-time, beginning on the 1st of September 2014, but a shorter duration or part-time arrangements are possible. The internship would suit a candidate with a recent graduate degree in journalism, media, communications, or similar. Knowledge of political science and international relations are an asset.
- Monitor media;
- Liaise with international and local media; organise interviews;
- Provide assistance to the Communications Officers and Online Editor;
- Draft media outputs, such as press releases and newsletters; and
- Maintain the Crisis Group database of media contacts.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English and French; and
- Enrolled in or recently completed a post graduate degree in journalism, communications or similar, or have relevant experience in communications.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV, a one page cover letter (in English) and work samples in your relevant languages (preferably journalistic texts) to firstname.lastname@example.org
, clearly stating "Communications Intern” in the subject line. Please include your preferred start date in your cover letter.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual candidate.
Please note that our internships are unpaid.