Communications Intern, Brussels
The International Crisis Group is currently seeking a Communications Volunteer Intern in our Brussels HQ. The volutary internship is designed for 6 months, full-time, beginning early September 2015, but a shorter duration or part-time arrangements are possible. The voluntary internship would suit a candidate with a recent graduate degree in journalism, media, communications, or similar. Knowledge of political science and international relations are an asset.
- Monitor media;
- Liaise with international and local media; organise interviews;
- Provide back office support for the director of communications;
- Draft media outputs, such as newsletters, summaries, opinion articles; and
- Maintain the Crisis Group database of media contacts.
- Native Englsih speaker. Excellent verbal and written command of French;
- Enrolled in or recently completed a post graduate degree in journalism, communications or similar, or have relevant experience in communications; and
- Eligibility to live and work in Belgium.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV, a one page cover letter (in English) and work samples in your relevant languages (preferably journalistic texts) to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating "Communications Intern” in the subject line. Please include your preferred start date in your cover letter.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual candidate.
Please note that our internships are unpaid.