Who Supports Crisis Group?
Maintaining a diverse funding base is critical to preserving Crisis Group's political independence and credibility. With this in mind the organisation is constantly seeking new donors willing to provide financial support. Crisis Group is indebted not only to the following donors who have made direct financial contributions, but also to the many others who give so much of their time, creativity and in-kind assistance. The following governments and intergovernmental institutions, foundations, organisations and individuals have recently contributed to Crisis Group's activities.
Total unrestricted income for annual operations for
the financial year ending 30 June 2013 was $18.3
million, of which 84% was core contributions. Total
expenditure for the financial year ending 30 June 2013
was $21.9 million. Contributed services comprising
various professional services are reflected in the
unrestricted core contributions and administrative
expenditure totals. The value of these contributions
for the year ending 30 June 2013 was $1.25 million.
Without these contributions the expenditure ratios
would be as follows: Development: 7%; Administration:
10%; Advocacy: 23%; Operations (Programs): 60%.
You can also consult our latest Financial Statement for the year ended 30 June 2013.
Crisis Group gratefully acknowledges the following government donors for their support and cooperation.
- Australia (Agency for International Development)
- Austria (Austrian Development Agency)
- Belgium (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Canada (Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development)
- Denmark (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- European Union (Instrument for Stability)
- Finland (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- France (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Ireland (Irish Aid)
- Italy (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Principality of Liechtenstein
- Luxembourg (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- The Netherlands (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- New Zealand (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade)
- Norway (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Sweden (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Switzerland (Federal Department of Foreign Affairs)
- Turkey (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- United Kingdom (Department for International Development)
- United States (U.S. Agency for International Development)
Crisis Group gratefully acknowledges the following foundation donors for their support and cooperation.
- Adessium Foundation
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Henry Luce Foundation
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Oak Foundation
- Open Society Foundations
- Open Society Initiative for West Africa
- Ploughshares Fund
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- Tinker Foundation, Inc.
Crisis Group is also grateful for its collaboration with Koerber Foundation.
Private Sector (Individuals & Corporations)
A distinguished group of private individuals and corporations providing essential support and expertise to Crisis Group
- Investec Asset Management
- McKinsey & Company
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Statoil (U.K.) Ltd.
- White & Case LLP
- Andrew Groves
- Anonymous (4)
- Scott Bessent
- David Brown & Erika Franke
- Stephen & Jennifer Dattels
- Herman De Bode
- Frank Holmes
- Reynold Levy
- Ford Nicholson & Lisa Wolverton
- Maureen White
International Advisory Council
Individual and corporate supporters who play a key role in Crisis Group's efforts to prevent deadly conflict
- APCO Worldwide Inc.
- Atlas Copco AB
- BG Group plc
- Equinox Partners
- HSBC Holdings plc
- Lockwood Financial Ltd.
- Yapı Merkezi Construction and Industry Inc.
- Samuel R. Berger
- Stanley Bergman & Edward Bergman
- Elizabeth Bohart
- Neil & Sandra DeFeo Family Foundation
- Joseph Edelman
- Neemat Frem
- Seth & Jane Ginns
- Geoffrey Hsu
- Geoffrey R. Hoguet & Ana Luisa Ponti
- Ronald Glickman
- Rita E. Hauser
- George Kellner
- Faisel Khan
- Cleopatra Kitti
- David Levy
- Leslie Lishon
- Kerry Propper
- Michael L. Riordan
- Nina K. Solarz
- Horst Sporer
- VIVA Trust
Rising stars from diverse fields who contribute their talents and expertise to support Crisis Group’s mission.
- Luke Alexander
- Gillea Allison
- Amy Benziger
- Elizabeth Brown
- Tripp Callan
- Amy Benziger
- Lynda Hammes
- Amy Benziger
- Matthew Magenheim
- Rahul Sen Sharma
- Leeanne Su
- AJ Twombly
- Dillon Twombly